TOKYO, JAPAN - In response to the lifting of the state of emergency by the Japanese government, Nihon Kohden has established a new set of behavioral guidelines (“Guidelines”) in accordance with the government’s request for people to adopt a “new lifestyle” and with the Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)’s Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). These Guidelines have been implemented at Nihon Kohden and its domestic subsidiaries since June 1. As it will be a long time before the COVID-19 pandemic comes to a complete end, the Company will progressively review the Guidelines as necessary, based on the stage of the outbreak and the Japanese government’s initiatives for COVID-19.
Main contents of the Guidelines
- Protect the health and safety of employees by requiring daily temperature measuring, mask wearing, frequent hand-washing, gargling and disinfection.
- Continue to promote staggered commuting and telecommuting (Lift the commuting restrictions and allow employees to go to the office 2 or 3 days a week)
- Recommend holding meetings, events and training online
- Carefully reconsider the need to hold meetings or group events and keep the numbers attending to a minimum. Implement operational measures about meeting times and seat arrangement and measures to prevent infection such as mask wearing, hand-washing, gargling and disinfection.
- Change the desk layout in the workplace to enable social distancing and refresh the air at fixed intervals.
- Limit domestic business trips to only under unavoidable circumstances. Refrain from international business trips for the time being.
- Continue to adhere to the Company’s activity manual when visiting medical institutions for sales, service activities and IT system delivery and when lending/repairing medical equipment.
Nihon Kohden Group prioritizes the prevention of infection inside and outside the company and safety of employees and their families, and will continue to ensure the stable supply of medical devices and services needed by patients and healthcare professionals around the world as a medical device manufacturer. In the way of working according to a new behavior guideline, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause our customers and partner companies and appreciate your kind understanding.